Are you running a WordPress website or other websites and blogs and don’t know how to rank top in Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex etc search results. This post is perfect for you. Through this post, I am going to teach you the Basic On Page SEO Tips and Tricks For Beginners.
1) URL Structure: Use main Keywords in Your URL
First of all, if you are writing on ” SEO Tips and Tricks for Google Search Engine” then your URL could be “http://mydomain.com/seo-tips-tricks-google-search-engine.html”. This URL structure is best and search engine friendly. Here we have listed Dos and Donts.
- Use content keywords in your URL eg. “http://mydomain.com/seo-tips-tricks-google-search-engine.html”.
- Keep the directory close to root. eg. “http://mydomain.com/best-way-seo.html” is best whereas “http://mydomain.com/p/h/l/y/best-way-seo.html” is little bit messy.
- Keep the URL short and discriptive.
- Use static pages as far as possible.
- Using extensions like .htm, .php, .aspx doesn’t matter.
- keep the URL clean and human friendly.
- Use “-” to separate the different words in URL.
- Avoid parameters as far as possible. If cann’t avoid parameters, submit it to webmasters carefully.
- Avoid using variables like Session Ids in URL.
- Avoid using stopping words like of, the, in, for etc.
- Avoid lengthening the URL.
2) Title: Keep It Short and Descriptive
After URL, lets have a look at title. What if the title of the page you are reading does not match with content? No one would be interested in reading the page. Your title is the first thing that is visible in Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex search. So the dos and donts related to title is given below.
- Use your keywords in your page title.
- Place the most important keyword
phrase close to the beginning of the page title.
- Shorter site titles are usually better than really long ones.
- Overlap related keyword phrases in the page title. For example, professional search engine marketing services helps me obtain good
rankings for (1) search engine marketing, (2) professional search engine marketing, (3)
search engine marketing services, and (4) professional search engine marketing services.
- Make it interesting and eye catching
- Do not put your site title on
every page of your site unless you are really trying to brand that name.
- Avoid to use stopping words.
- Avoid lengthening title.
- Do not use off content words.
3) Page Structure: Using Tags and Lists
Wise use of heading tags (H1,H2,..,H6) and other tags can make you top in the search results. Good use of tags increases readability. And in turn best user experience with huge traffic. So the dos and donts related to Page Structure is given below.
- Use a single, descriptive H1 header on your page containing the keyword
phrases similar to those you targeted in the page title.
- Use descriptive subheaders (H2 or H3) before every paragraph or every few
- Use bulleted lists and bolding to break up content and make it easier to read.
- Write your content for human consumption.
- The meta
description should be a sentence to a paragraph describing the page contents.
- Do not cross keyword density greater than 30%.
- Do not use heading tags to write paragraphs.
- Do not let the words spaced very little, give proper space between words.
- Do not copy and paste from other site’s content. Search engines are smart enough to detect duplicate contents and penalize you.
4) Keyword Selection: help your site get recognized
Keywords are what help your site get recognized by Internet search engines, and as a result, help would-be customers/ visitors find your Internet presence. So the dos and donts related to keyword selection is given below.
- Use a keyword tool to help you find the most targeted keywords for your site. The best SEO tool SemRush is recommended by me. It is cross-reference just about every useful keyword research tool on the market.
- Pick themes or keyword baskets around which you can optimize the various
sections of your site.
- Targeting keyword phrases is a much better idea than trying to target individual
- Target different keyword phrases on each page.
- Target no more than one or two primary and two or three secondary keyword
phrases per page.
- Do not exceed keyword density more than 30%.
- Do not use off content keywords. You may get penalized.
5) Last but not least, Hire a SEO expert
This post is just a glimpse of On page SEO. If you want your site to dazzle in search results, my dear hire a SEO expert and let the task done. Yo may contact us to hire a SEO expert.
This was some Basic On Page SEO Tips and Tricks For Beginners. This post is the first of our SEO series. Most powerful SEO tips are yet to come. Let us notify you with powerful on page/ off page SEO tips by subscribe us link.
Do comment if you have any suggestion.
- How To Create Ebooks From Your WordPress Posts For Free - September 3, 2016
- How To Automate Your Social Media Marketing With SocialPilot - August 29, 2016
- How To Make Money From MyThemeShop WordPress Themes Affiliate Program - August 24, 2016
- 5 Best Ways To Get Quality Backlinks That Can Drive Huge Traffic - August 22, 2016
- How to Schedule Facebook Page Posts For Future Completely Free? - August 17, 2016
- List of Do’s and Don’ts of Successful Affiliate Marketing - August 13, 2016
- 5 Best SEO Ready WordPress Themes For personal Blog - August 5, 2016
- How to Build Trust and Better Relation with Customers or Subscribers By Using E-Mails - August 1, 2016
- GetResponse Vs AWeber : Which is best E-mail Marketing Software? - July 25, 2016
- What is Affiliate Marketing and It’s Major Advantages - July 18, 2016